AMERICAN FEDERATION FOR CHILDREN SHORT CODE TERMS OF SERVICE
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you an SMS message to confirm your signup for notifications and alerts. The American Federation for Children (AFC) allows users to opt-in via web form and allows mobile users to text in a keyword (e.g., CHOICE) to receive ongoing, recurring text messages. You may receive text messages from an automated system which will contain a hyperlink which leads to a web form which mobile users can fill out to receive information related to AFC’s mission of empowering families with the freedom to choose the best K-12 education for their children. To do so, or find out more information on our text message marketing programs, contact us at [email protected].
- You can cancel the SMS service at any time. Just text “STOP” to stop. After you send the SMS message “STOP” to us, we will send you an SMS message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. After this, you will no longer receive SMS messages from us. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time and we will start sending SMS messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text “HELP” for help . After you send the SMS message “HELP” to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- We are able to deliver messages to the following mobile phone carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, U.S. Cellular, Alltel, Boost Mobile, Nextel, and Virgin Mobile. *Carriers and the American Federation for Children are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages*
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. Message frequency varies; you may receive up to five messages per month. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to [email protected].
- Limitation of Liability. The American Federation for Children, as well as our agents, service providers, employees, and directors (collectively, the “Releasees”) will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising out of or relating to the use or the inability to use these terms of service or the texting program, including but not limited to damages caused by or related to errors, omissions, interruptions, defects, delay in operation or transmission, or any computer virus or failure. Releasees will also not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential damages or any loss of data or profits, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain damages, so the above limitations may not apply to you. Releasees also shall not have any liability or responsibility for any acts, omissions or conduct of any user or other third party. Regardless of the previous, if in the event we are found to be liable, our liability to you or to any third party is limited to the greater of the actual total amount received by us from you or $10